At Cal’s Plumbing,
Our Employees Come First!
“We do great work…because we’ve got great people”
Cal’s Plumbing is a rapidly expanding family company that believes its people are what make the difference. We recruit the best people to ensure our customers will have a great experience. We stand behind our work 100% - it’s just what we do! Our growth rate means we have incredible opportunities and we are looking for great people to fill positions across the company.
When you join the Cal’s family, you’ll get:
- No on-call shifts – EVER!
- STABILITY – We’ve been in business since 1948, and we’re only getting better!
- 100% paid medical premiums for you
- 401K plan
- Dental & vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Paid holidays and vacations – including your birthday!
- Excellent earnings potential
- Fully stocked trucks, supplied uniforms and field support
- Year-round work
- Paid training & on-going training to help you SUCCEED
- Amazing employee appreciation events
YOU SHOULD JOIN THE CAL’S TEAM. HERE’S WHY:
All too common in the home service industry are employees that are overworked and underpaid. we provide job opportunities that allow our employees to live their best life! We make it possible for our people to be able to own their own homes, take great vacations, send their kids to college, and retire when they are ready.
We’re committed to the success and well-being of every employee at Cal’s Plumbing!
- Scheduling – Our techs enjoy a rotating schedule that allows them to balance work and home life. It was designed by the technicians, not a manager.
- On-Call – We have NO on-call requirements for our technicians so no worrying about a call at 2 AM on a Thursday. Again, this was a schedule made by the techs, for the techs.
- Employees Love Working Here – Our employees are our number one client. It’s our goal to have you happy and healthy 365 days a year!
- Cool Perks – We have a full indoor basketball court and weight gym with cardio equipment located at our office!
- Customers Love Us – Check out our reviews online, we kill it!
- Awesome Benefits – We offer, paid health/dental/vision insurance, paid time off, paid training, life insurance, uniforms provided to name a few.
- Fun – Our weekly training meetings are fun, we have contests to keep things fresh, and nobody takes themselves too seriously.
- Most Importantly, we are Tucson’s local family run plumbing company – That’s not just something a marketing department came up with. It really is who we are. We are your neighbors, we’re the people you trust with your spouse and kids. Our employees are looking for solutions that are win/win/win—win for our customer, the company, and for the employee.
- You’ll Love Your Coworkers – We have a great group of people, because of the culture here, you’re going to find yourself making new friends.
- You're Not Just Another Number – The Owner, Danny Smith, is very involved in the business. He sits in on all the meetings so if you are doing a good job out there, he'll be giving you a high-5!
- No More Worrying About Slow Days – About 60% of our customers are repeat customers so you don't need to worry about having "slow days."
Come Work With Us!
Tucson is a fast-growing city and Cal’s is growing with it. We’re always looking for new technicians to join our team. Our ideal candidate is an expert craftsman who is upbeat, resourceful, driven to excellence, and team focused. As a member of our team, you will receive comprehensive training from industry experts and get to work in a supportive environment designed to help you flourish. We offer competitive health and life insurance plans, vision, 401k, dental, and PTO plus holidays. Not to mention, as a technician, you’ll ride in style in one of our iconic Cal’s trucks.
About Our Technicians
Our technicians are craftsmen, love helping customers, and they take pride in their work. Their excellence and dedication to their craft is fully recognized by Cal’s. That’s why the company provides the best working conditions, benefits, and training in the business. We attract the nation’s finest home-service professionals and give them the tools to propel their careers to new heights. We understand that when the employee feels contentment, security, and a sense of belonging, they execute those sentiments in their service to the community. And it all comes full circle when consistent performance turns customers into loyal fans and advocates.
Cal’s Plumbing has been servicing the needs of Southern Arizona homeowners for over 72 years. Cals is ALWAYS seeking customer-focused professionals to help serve our large and rapidly expanding customer base. We’re a family-owned and operated company and throughout our over seven decades of business, we have maintained an excellent reputation with our customers, suppliers, code enforcement authorities, and our employees. Just look up our reviews!
What We Look For:
- Technical competency. You need to be able to fix things—that goes without saying, but we’re saying it anyway.
- You need amazing communication skills
- Be customer service oriented - fixing a customer is usually harder than fixing the plumbing.
- Be able to learn and follow a proven sales process—we’ve got the recipe for a successful service experience.
- Self-Motivated - This is really important because we’ll give you the opportunities and tools you need but no one will babysit you.